This post is a bit of a departure from the main WoW theme of the blog – it is a recipe for gluten free muffins!
This came from a tweet by @Pookachu_ which I then tweaked a bit.
This keto muffin recipe I found is amazing https://t.co/AwLb0I0trY—
🦋Pookachu🦋 (@Pookachu_) August 01, 2019
The ones I made were based on what they described, although I added marshmellows to them which isn’t really in keeping with the original Keto intent of the original recipe!
This should make around 9 muffins.
- 160g Almond flour
- 30g butter
- 2½tsp baking powder
- 3Tbsp honey
- 4x eggs
- 2Tbsp mini Marshmallows
- ¼tsp cream of tartar
- Pre-heat oven to 180C / GM4 / 350F
- Separate the egg yolks from their whites; set the whites to one side
- Combine the almond flour, butter, honey and egg yolks
- Blend in the baking powder and most of the mini marshmallows
- In a separate bowl, add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat them until you get soft peaks
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the rest of the mix
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases or a pre-greased muffin tin
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack
|Per 100g||Per muffin (approx)|
Fold the egg whites into the mixture
This is something I almost never do, so ended up refering to the video below for how best to do it!