These are based on the previous GF muffins I posted, but with no marshmallow & using protein powder.
This should make around 9 muffins.
- 125g Almond flour
- 35g Vega Clean Protein
- 50g butter, melted
- 2½tsp baking powder
- 3Tbsp honey
- 4x eggs
- ¼tsp cream of tartar
- ¼tsp xanthan gum
- 90g Whole Earth Peanut butter with Hazelnut crunch
- Pre-heat oven to 160C fan / 180C / GM4 / 350F
- Separate the egg yolks from their whites; set the whites to one side
- Combine the almond flour, Vega, melted butter, honey and egg yolks
- Blend in the baking powder and xanthan gum
- In a separate bowl, add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat them until you get soft peaks
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the rest of the mix
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases or a pre-greased muffin tin
- Spoon ~10g of peanut butter into each muffin
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack
The end result was quite tasty and the peanut butter worked nicely with this.
In some respects they’re almost too tasty and morish!
The following is just an estimate of the nutirional values for this, based on the ingredients used and weights.
|Per 100g||Per muffin (60g approx)|
You must be logged in to post a comment.